Flat Hand Painted Nail Art
NOVICE / VETERAN
1. Competitors may submit more than one entry but must pay a registration fee for each entry. If submitting more than one entry only for on-site competitions, only the points from the highest scoring entry count towards the NP Individual Cup or team cup if you are one of the top 5 point earners. If you are not planning on attending the competition and wish to turn in your work, please click on the link. Go to General Rules & Information.
2. Acrylic / Gel Paint - Hand Painted Nail Art entries may be turned in by someone other than the competitor. You do not need to be present at the competition to enter this competition.
3. Acrylic / Gel Paint - Hand Painted Nail Art entry must consist of a set of 10 individual manufacturer tips. The length must be no longer than 2” in length and no wider than 3/4” if they were flattened out. Tips must be graduated in size. Tips must remain individual and not be secured to one another. Design may encompass all 10 tips as a picture, but tips must remain individual.
4. The theme for each Flat Hand Painted Nail Art competition will be announced before the beginning of the competition year.
- NAILPRO Competitions ASIA-KOREA 2019 – Love Theme
5. All work must be completed prior to the competition. No work station, seating or electrical outlet will be provided.
6. For Acrylic Paint Hand Painted Nail Art entries must be done by ACRYLIC paint hand painting only. Absolutely no airbrushing, gel polish or gel paint is allowed. Only paint and nail polish may be used. Stamping of any type is not allowed. For Gel Hand Painted Nail Art must be done by GEL paint hand painting only. Absolutely no airbrushing, acrylic polish or acrylic paint is allowed. Only Gel paint and nail polish may be used. Stamping of any type is not allowed.
7. The surface of the tips must be flush; NO raised surfaces.
8. Top coat or UV gel sealant may be used ONLY AS A TOP COAT, but must NOT contain any glitter.
9. NO Copyrighted art is allowed at any time. Penalties will be given at judges’ discretion and possible disqualification may be incurred.
10. On-Site - Display: Ten tips must be SECURELY fastened to a plain (one color no texture no mirror), flat surface for the judging process. The size of the mounting surface is to be a maximum of 6 inches wide by 8 inches deep by ¼ tall and it must be FLAT, FLUSH AND STURDY. Do not attach your entry to the bottom of the box upon turn in. Digital entries – please see details in Nailapalooza Rules.
11. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts: one detailing the products and processes used to create the art (do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers), and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Failure to provide this information will result in a 5 point deduction in overall score. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
12. Acrylic Paint - Hand Painted Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, color, presentation, balance, design, detail, overall impression, complexity, workmanship, tip length and theme.
13. Acrylic Paint - Hand Painted Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO competitions. The NAILPRO competition staff reserves the right to disqualify any design it considers to be too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.