STUDENT / NOVICE / VETERAN
1. Complete a set of salon-style nail extensions using PINK and WHITE color or product. You must use either flat, paper or metal forms or tips.
2. Competitors may submit more than one entry but must pay a registration fee for each entry. If submitting more than one entry, only the points from the highest scoring entry count or team cup if you are one of the top 5-point earners.
3. Salon Style — the standard of perfection for the Salon Success competition; a set of nail enhancements that have:
- A more durable, wearable look
- A shape that ranges from extreme square to extreme oval (stiletto)
- A 2 to 1 ratio of nail bed (pink) to free edge (white), measured from the center of the smile line;
- Product thinly applied near the cuticle area, reinforced at the stress area, and tapered through the free edge so it is equal to approximately the thinness of a credit card.
4. Colored tips including white and black NOT allowed (clear or natural tips only).
5. Competitors must use professional products. Enhancement products containing glitter and embellishment(s) are NOT allowed.
6. Only unaltered clear adhesives (gel-type, brush-on, tubes, etc.) may be used to attach tips to the nail. No plastic type molds of any kind may be used to form the sculptured nail.
7. All enhancement products must be applied after tips and or forms are applied to natural nails.
8. No products, such as inverted tips or any “cookie cutter” products may be used to form or assist in making a smile line. White gel paint or white gel polish is not allowed.
9. Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions, etc.) are allowed. Excessive use of oil is not permitted. It will be at the judge’s discretion to deduct points for excess oil.
10. The nail enhancements on thumb must be polished with a cream RED polish or if using gel, a gel polish may be used. Gel contestants may use polish. Base coat, top coat are allowed.
11. The nail enhancements on the unpolished nails must be Salon-Style (PINK and WHITE ONLY), finished to a high shine. A gel sealant may be used.
12. The underside of the nails must look the same.
13. Salon Success_Classic will be judged in the following categories: smile lines, “C” curves, cuticle area, shape, product control, surface structure, presentation, lateral structure, length, polish application, finish work, and overall impression
Property of NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA ©2023-2024 WATC®