Soak-Off Gel Nail Art
1. Complete a set of soak-off gel nail art (one hand) using soak off gel to create the nail art.
2. Competitors may submit more than one entry but must pay a registration fee for each entry. If submitting more than one entry, only the points from the highest scoring entry count or team cup if you are one of the top 5-point earners.
3. Nails may be extensions or natural. The length must be no longer than a salon success style nail length of 2 to 1 ratio.
4. The theme for each Soak-Off Gel Nail Art competition must consist across all 5 nails.
- NAILPRO® Competitions Nailapalooza ASIA 2023-2024: Winter Theme
5. All nail art must be made from soak off gel polish only. Soak off gel top coat, and/or glitter soak off gel polish may be used.
6. Embellishments or adornments may be used, but must NOT exceed 25% of the overall design
7. Nail art may be flat or be a raised surface. Raised surfaces may be soak off gel polish or embellishments but must not be taller than ¼” above the surface of the natural nail. The design must follow the theme.
8. NO Copyrighted art is allowed at any time. Penalties will be given at judges’ discretion and possible disqualification may be incurred. Competitors may use a similar version of copyrighted art, design, or logo but they must not be identical to the original. If artwork does not follow criteria judges will determine point deductions.
9. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts in English: one detailing the products and processes used to create the art (do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers), and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Failure to provide this information will result in a 5-point deduction in overall score. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
10. Soak-Off Gel Nail Art will be judged in the following 12 categories: originality, visual interest, color, dimension, balance, design, and soak off gel application, overall impression, complexity, workmanship, detail, and theme
11. Any Soak-Off Gel Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO® competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO® competitions. The NAILPRO® competition staff reserves the right to disqualify any design it considers too similar to a winning design.