General Competition Rules & Information
NAILPRO® Competitions Nailapalooza ASIA 2023-2024 is open to all beauty professionals licensed or qualified to perform nail services. Current students and beauty professionals from states or countries in which licensing is not required are also eligible to compete. Proof of licensure or qualification (such as school enrollment certificate or letter confirming salon employment) may be required, so please bring proof of your cosmetology, nail technician or manicurist license. Competitors need to be licensed in the state in which they reside. Age requirement is 16 years of age or older.
** ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO POINT DEDUCTIONS AND/OR DISQUALIFICATION!
1. All work for each entry must be completed by the competitor registered for that competition. If NAILPRO® finds this rule has been violated, the competitor will be prohibited from competing in NAILPRO® ASIA or NAILPRO® -run competition for the period of one year.
2. Competitors may turn in more than one entry. It is up to the competitor to get the entry to the competition and arrange for the entry to be returned to the competitor. NAILPRO® ASIA will only be responsible for any turn in entries prior to the competition. We will not be accepting entries arriving on site and will not be responsible for returning entries to the competitor.
3. It is the responsibility of the competitor to be sure all entries are received. You must EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm receipt of documents as well as the number of photos received.
4. Any competitor found not complying with the NAILPRO® rules before, during or until the close of the event is subject to disqualification and must return all prizes to the NAILPRO® Competitions staff. He or she will also be prohibited to participate in any NAILPRO® or NAILPRO® run competition for one year.
5. When submitting your photos and videos, please include in the email how many photos you submitted. It is your responsibility to be sure we have received all your information. You must check to be sure they were received.
6. NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA / WATC® are not responsible for submissions that are lost during transmission.
7. Photo/video manipulation of any form is not allowed, and submission will be disqualified. PLEASE DO NOT WATERMARK YOUR PHOTOS/VIDEOS.
8. All Photos should be at a resolution of 300dpi and saved as a jpeg, png or tiff.
9. You MUST submit 5 images and at least one video of each entry.
Structure competitions: Top perspective, thumbs, C-Curve, lateral views right & left, and Overall impression video
Nail Art Competitions: Top perspective, Overall impression video, and four detail photos/videos
*Please read NAILAPALOOZA online submission guidelines for exact specifics. It is your responsibility to be sure we have received your entries in their entirety.
10. Submissions with incomplete information or missing forms will not be judged.
11. Upon NAILPRO® Competitions Nailapalooza ASIA receiving your submission you will be automatically sent a confirmation email. If you have not received it within 3 days of the due date, it will be your responsibility to make sure you receive this e-mail. It will be the only way to be sure we have received your submission.
12. Any photos or material that has been used in any other competitions or photographic nail competition are not allowed and will be disqualified.
13. You may not use the same photos more than once.
14. Any photos submitted must have correct numbering and correspond to submission form emailed.
15. Competitors will receive recognition and certificates of participation electronically. Once the winners have been announced, the competition staff will release and send score sheets to the finalists via e-mail. The judges are available to answer questions and make suggestions for improvement via e-mail.
*These competition rules are in effect for NAILPRO® Competitions Nailapalooza ASIA 2023-2024. For questions about the rules, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. Upon registration, competitors give consent to WATC® and all its properties to freely use in any form or manner they seem fit for WATC®’s magazines, websites, and projects. In addition, to reproduce all photographs, videos or such taken at the show, including those taken by photographers, or others hired for the show by WATC®. Not limited to anyone working in conjunction with NAILPRO® Competitions Nailapalooza ASIA 2023-2024. All photos, images and videos or film shot are property of WATC® and may not be used without written permission. Your registration is considered as a signed release.
2. Themes: Are guideline rules. If the themes are not followed disqualification or point, deductions are possible. Decision will be that of the NAILPRO® ASIA staff and will be announced during awards ceremony. Please note when a color or shades of a color are given as a theme, it means no other color may be used unless otherwise noted.
3. Competitors must designate their level of experience (Novice or Veteran) when they register, except when competing in a NON-Divisional competition. It is the responsibility of the competitor to be sure they are registered in the correct division. If we are made aware you have designated yourself as a novice and you are a veteran, you will be disqualified and required to return trophy and any prizes given.
• A Student competitors who attend beauty or nail-related academies are eligible and must provide a proof of qualification (student ID).
• A Novice Art competitor has not won first-place in any DIVISIONAL NAIL ART competition at a beauty show.
• A Novice Extension competitor has not won first-place in any DIVISIONAL EXTENSION competition at a beauty show.
• A Veteran Art competitor has won first-place in a DIVISIONAL NAIL ART competition at a beauty show.
• A Veteran Extension competitor has won first-place in a DIVISIONAL EXTENSION competition at a beauty show.
• A Non-Divisional competition consists of Veteran, Novice and student competitors. No first-place win will move anyone up a division.
4. Competitors may not post any of their competition work to any social media platform whatsoever before the awards ceremony! Any competitor found violating this rule will possibly be given a warning or more likely disqualified from that competition in which they posted their work.
ART NAIL COMPETITIONS: (UNIT: USD / Entry)
- MIXED MEDIA NAIL ART: $50 Student | $80 Novice | $100 Veteran
EXTENSION COMPETITIONS: (UNIT: USD / Entry)
- SALON SUCCESS_CLASSIC: $50 Student | $80 Novice | $100 Veteran
ARTISTIC EXTENSION COMPETITIONS: (UNIT: USD / Entry)
- EXTREME STILETTO DESIGN: $50 Student | $80 Novice | $100 Veteran
NON-DIVISIONAL COMPETITIONS: (UNIT: USD / Entry)
- SOAK-OFF GEL APPLICATION_CLASSIC: $80
- SOAK-OFF GEL NAIL ART: $100
- IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BLING!: $100
- CHROME/STAMPING: $100
5. Any novice competition with 4 or less competitors, the first-place winner is not required to move to veteran status. If you choose to you can but are not allowed to return to novice. Novice competitors who win first-place in a Nail Art Competition award must advance to the veteran level of Nail Art for the next competition. You may continue to compete, as a novice in any extension competitions provided you have not won a first place in such a competition.
6. A team of competitors that wants to participate in the NAILPRO® ASIA Team Challenge must announce their team affiliation upon registering. The number of team members is unlimited. Top 5 team member scores earned will count toward the NAILPRO® Team Cup. (If a competitor joins a team, or changes teams between shows, the score earned by that competitor in prior competitions will remain with the original team.) Competitors who compete on a manufacturer’s team must compete using only manufacturer’s labeled products from that company. Files and metal implements are excluded.
7. All Competition Veteran, Novice and Student winners will receive a medallion and certificates unless otherwise noted. And all the winners will receive gifts from the official sponsors.
8. NAILPRO® Competitions Nailapalooza ASIA 2023-2024 utilizes analytic scoring to judge the entries. Three judges preview the student entries, novice entries and veteran entries as three separate groups. Non-divisional competitions use the same preview and judging system.
9. The finalists at each level are viewed simultaneously during the scoring process. Finalists are evaluated in ten categories; each category is worth a possible ten points, ranging from 1 (Unacceptable) to 10 (Flawless) except where otherwise noted. Each of the three judges is responsible for three to four categories. The categories for each competition are listed in the rules specific to that competition. Only finalists receive score sheets.
10. The competition staff calculates the final scores, and the judges verify the placements before excusing the finalists. Any ties will be broken by the Head Judge. The decision of the judges is final.
*Registration fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA 2024
There must be a minimum of four competitors in each competition for the competition to proceed as planned. NAILPRO® ASIA 2024 reserves the right to cancel the competition if there are less than 4 competitors in a competition division. This means four each in veteran, and four each in novice or four non-divisional. If a Novice competition fails to be held, the novice entrants present will be allowed to compete in the veteran division for that competition only. If they win, they will not be moved up a level. In the event there are less than 4 Veteran competitors in the competition will reserve the right to compete in lower division and they will not be awarded. However, the score will be added for championship.
Individuals and teams with the highest cumulative scores from NAILPRO® ASIA-THAILAND 2023-2024, NAILPRO® Nailapalooza ASIA 2023-2024, NAILPRO® ASIA-KOREA 2024, and NAILPRO® ASIA-FINAL CUP 2024 will be honored as grand champion of 2024 cup.
New rules, competitions and/or new information are always up for discussion. Any and all ideas, comments, suggestions and or questions MUST be presented via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Property of NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA ©2023-2024 WATC®