Salon Pedicure Nail Art
1. Salon Pedicure Nail Art entry must consist of a set of 10 individual manufacturer tips. They must be from a manufacturer box. The length of the tips must be no longer than 1.5” and no wider than 3/4”, if they were flattened out. Tips must be graduated in size. Finished tips must be wearable meaning, they are individual and able to be mounted to a base.
2. Competitors may submit more than one entry but must pay a registration fee for each entry. If submitting more than one entry, only the points from the highest scoring entry count or team cup if you are one of the top 5-point earners.
3. The design itself may be NO more than 1” in height, and 1” in width and be NO longer than 1.5”. If the entry exceeds these dimensions, the entry may be disqualified.
4. There is no theme for the Salon Pedicure Nail Art category – just follow the rules.
5. Finished design should be wearable and appropriate for day-to-day activity and lifestyle without difficulty.
6. Finished design should be able to recreate within appropriate salon service time frame.
7. All nail art must be made from professional nail products (colored liquid-and-powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps and resin, polish, paint, ink, etc.). Chrome or metallic powders can be used and incorporated in the design.
8. Use of any embellishment or adornment is allowed, and it should be used in consideration of enhancing the overall design and theme color. However, any use of 3D mold, stickers, art decals or printed designed foils are NOT allowed.
9. Top coat, UV gel sealant or glitter/effect polishes may be used. Finished design can have textured or raised surface.
10. NO Copyrighted art is allowed at any time. Penalties will be given at judges’ discretion and possible disqualification may be incurred.
11. Competitors may use a similar version of copyrighted art, design, or logo but they must not be identical to the original. If artwork does not follow criteria judges will determine point deductions.
12. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts in English: one detailing the products and processes used to create the art (do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers), and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Please list all embellishments or products on your written statement. Failure to provide this information will result in a 5-point deduction in overall score. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
13. Salon Pedicure Nail Art will be judged in the following 12 categories: originality, product application, design, workmanship, balance, use of color, visual interest, complexity, detail, dimension, tip length & shape (wearability) and overall impression
14. Any Salon Pedicure Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO® competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO® competitions. The NAILPRO® competition staff reserves the right to disqualify any design it considers to be too similar to a winning design.
Property of NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA ©2022 WATC®. All rights reserved.