STUDENT / NOVICE / VETERAN
1. Complete a one hand of salon-style nail extensions using cover or clear pink on nail plate and white as the free edge. You must use either flat paper or metal forms or tips.
2. Competitors may submit more than one entry but must pay a registration fee for each entry. If submitting more than one entry, only the points from the highest scoring entry count towards the NP Individual Cup or Team Cup if you are one of the top 5-point earners.
3. Salon Style - the standard of perfection for the Salon Success; a set of nail enhancements that have:
- A more durable, wearable look
- A shape that ranges from extreme square to extreme oval (stiletto)
- A 2 to 1 ratio of nail bed (pink) to free edge (white), measured from the center of the smile line
- Product thinly applied near the cuticle area, reinforced at the stress area, and tapered through the free edge so it is equal to approximately the thinness of a credit card.
4. Colored tips including white and black NOT allowed (clear or natural tips only).
5. Competitors must use professional products. Enhancement products containing glitter are NOT allowed.
6. Embellishment(s) may NOT be used.
7. Only unaltered clear adhesives (gel-type, brush-on, tubes, etc.) may be used to attach tips to the nail. No plastic type molds of any kind may be used to form the sculptured nail.
8. All enhancement products must be applied after tips and or forms are applied to natural nails.
9. No products, such as inverted tips or any “cookie cutter” products may be used to form or assist in making a smile line. White gel paint or white gel polish is not allowed.
10. Excessive use of oil is not permitted. It will be at the judge’s discretion to deduct points for excess oil.
11. The nail enhancements on the thumb must be polished with a cream Red polish or if using gel, a Red gel polish may be used. Gel contestants may use polish. Base coat, top coat are allowed.
12. The nail enhancements on the unpolished hand must be Salon-Style (Pink / Clear and White ONLY), UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, finished to a high shine. A gel sealant may be used.
13. The underside of both hands must look the same.
14. Salon Success will be judged in the following categories: smile lines, “C” curves, cuticle area, shape, product control, surface structure, presentation, lateral structure, length, polish or color application, finish work, and overall impression
Property of NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA ©2022-2023 WATC®. All rights reserved.