Flat Hand Painted Nail Art (Gel / Acrylic)
STUDENT / NOVICE / VETERAN
1. Acrylic/Gel Flat Hand Painted Nail Art entry must consist of a set of 10 individual manufacturer tips. The length must be no longer than 2” in length and no wider than 3/4” if they were flattened out. Tips must be graduated in size. Tips must remain individual and not be secured to one another. Design may encompass all 10 tips as a picture, but tips must remain individual.
2. Competitors may submit more than one entry but must pay a registration fee for each entry. If submitting more than one entry, only the points from the highest scoring entry count or team cup if you are one of the top 5-point earners.
3. The theme for each Flat Hand Painted Nail Art competition must consist across all 10 tips.
NAILPRO® Competitions Nailapalooza Asia 2021-2022 – My Favorite Poem Theme
4. All work must be done by hand painting only. Absolutely no airbrushing is allowed. Only gel paint and regular polish for Gel Flat Hand Painted Nail Art may be used. Only acrylic paint and regular polish for Acrylic Flat Hand Painted Nail Art may be used. Stamping of any type is not allowed.
5. The surface of the tips must be flush; NO raised surfaces.
6. Top coat or UV gel sealant may be used ONLY AS A TOP COAT but must NOT contain any glitter.
7. NO Copyrighted art is allowed at any time. Penalties will be given at judges’ discretion and possible disqualification may be incurred.
8. Competitors may use a similar version of copyrighted art, design, or logo but they must not be identical to the original. If artwork does not follow criteria judges will determine point deductions.
9. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts in English: one detailing the products and processes used to create the art (do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers), and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Failure to provide this information will result in a 5-point deduction in overall score. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
10. Acrylic/Gel Flat Hand Painted Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, color, presentation, balance, design, detail, overall impression, complexity, workmanship, tip length and theme.
11. Acrylic/Gel Flat Hand Painted Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO® competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO® competitions. The NAILPRO® competition staff reserves the right to disqualify any design it considers to be too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO® competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.
Property of NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA ©2021 WATC®. All rights reserved.