General Competition Rules & Information
NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-THAILAND 2023-2024 is open to all beauty professionals licensed or qualified to perform nail services. Current students and beauty professionals from states or countries in which licensing is not required are also eligible to compete. Proof of licensure or qualification (such as school enrollment certificate or letter confirming salon employment) may be required, so please bring proof of your cosmetology, nail technician or manicurist license. Competitors need to be licensed in the state in which they reside. Age requirement is 16 years of age or older.
** ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO POINT DEDUCTIONS AND/OR DISQUALIFICATION!
1. All work for each entry must be completed by the competitor registered for that competition. If NAILPRO® finds this rule has been violated, the competitor will be prohibited from competing in NAILPRO® ASIA or NAILPRO® -run competition for the period of one year.
2. Competitors may turn in more than one entry. It is up to the competitor to get the entry to the competition and arrange for the entry to be returned to the competitor. NAILPRO® ASIA will only be responsible for any turn in entries prior to the competition. We will not be accepting entries arriving on site and will not be responsible for returning entries to the competitor.
3. ALL WORK MUST BE DONE ON SITE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. No pre-done work is allowed, unless otherwise noted. If NAILPRO® ASIA finds this rule has been violated, the competitor will be prohibited from competing in any NAILPRO® ASIA or NAILPRO® -run competition for the period of one year.
4. Any competitor or model found not complying with the NAILPRO® ASIA rules before, during or until the close of the show is subject to possible disqualification and/or point deduction. In the event disqualification occurs after awards and/or prizes, cash or otherwise, have been distributed, the disqualified contestant must return their trophy as well as all prizes to NAILPRO® ASIA staff. He or she will also be prohibited to participate in any NAILPRO® ASIA or NAILPRO® -run competition for one year.
5. Competitors must report at the scheduled report time to receive entry information. Late arrivals or entries may not be accepted. Nail art entries may be turned in by someone other than the competitor. NAILPRO® ASIA cannot be responsible for artwork turned in by someone other than the competitor. The rules will be reviewed in mandatory briefing scheduled 5 or 15 minutes before the start of each competition unless otherwise noted.
6. Competitors must supply ALL necessary products and supplies, including lamps and extension cords for each competition they enter, (unless otherwise noted). Products must be in labeled containers. Competitors must have all products they are going to use out on their work area, and all cases must be closed. After the competition has begun, competitors may not reach into the case without competition staff present.
7. Once the questions only or briefing starts, competitors will not be allowed to touch their models until the start of the competition. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
8. Competitors are given 1 (ONE) chair – if chairs are not needed you may use 2, however if there is a shortage you will be required to give up the extra chairs you are using.
9. Any prohibited products or supplies found at a competitor’s workstation/or under your towels, mats or whatever you are working on during a competition will be confiscated, and the competitor may be disqualified at the discretion of the NAILPRO® ASIA staff. NAILPRO® ASIA judges and staff reserve the right to walk the floor at any time they deem to necessary to check tables for products that are not allowed during the current or future competitions. Products will be returned at conclusion of award ceremony, and only by request.
10. Bowls containing marbles, stones or any objects are not allowed on or in working area at any time.
11. Competitors are NOT allowed in or near the judging area at any time. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
12. Once the competition begins, competitors and/or models may NOT leave the competition area without the permission of the competition staff. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
13. When a competition ends, models must stand and follow the instructions given by the competition staff. Models may NOT leave the competition area until excused by the competition staff. When directed, competitors must promptly clean their workstations and leave the competition area.
14. Access to the competition area is limited to competitors, models, and NAILPRO® ASIA staff ONLY. Anyone entering the floor for a competitor or model and/or approaching a competitor or delivering items to a competitor without Floor Sage’s permission, the competitor will be given a 5-point deduction no questions asked!
15. If at any time a competitor has an issue with the results or decisions of judges it is mandatory that it be discussed in a respectful manner. If there is a problem with a rule infraction it must be reported at once. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE COMPETITION IS UNDER WAY OR WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE AWARDS. If so, you will be sanctioned as well.
16. If the competitor insists on acting disrespectful, it will be at the discretion of the judge to not allow that competitor to compete in any or all upcoming NAILPRO® competitions.
17. The NAILPRO® ASIA competition staff reserves the right to final interpretation of all rules.
18. Copyrighted Art – NO Copyrighted art is allowed at any time. Any and all designs bearing even a similar likeness will is not allowed. Penalties will be given at judges’ discretion and possible disqualification may be incurred.
Models: - Give this section to your model or be sure your model is aware of all these rules!
1. Competitors must supply their own models when models are required. Models must be at least 18 years old, OR if a release is signed by the parents no younger than 14, AND one or both parent(s) are present while the minor is modeling. Models will be required to show ID if asked by NAILPRO® ASIA Staff. Only live models may be used.
2. Competitors are responsible for making sure that they and their models understand and comply with the competition rules. Failure to comply may result in point deduction or disqualification at the discretion of the NAILPRO® ASIA staff.
3. Models are not permitted to lay their heads on the tables at any time during judging! If they are not cooperating with the judges, you will receive a 5-point deduction. If it continues you may be disqualified. During the judging process, models may NOT speak to other models or to the judges. They may not use cellphones at any time during the entire judging process.
4. At no time during a competition may models assist the competitor in any capacity. Models may not blow dust, lick their nails at any time prior to being judged. If a staff member asks the model to stop breaking these rules. It will be at the discretion of the floor judge/sage to disqualify the competitor’s model for bad model behavior.
5. Models are NOT allowed to wear any jewelry on their hands, wrists, or arms, including watches. Failure to comply will result in a deduction of 5 points in the category of overall.
6. Models are NOT permitted to move the judge’s curtain during the judging process.
7. When a competition ends, competitors must immediately stop working, and move away from their workstations as directed. Competitors are NOT allowed to touch their models again until after they have been judged. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
8. Any designated NAILPRO® ASIA Floor judges have the authority to impose a 5-point deduction for anyone causing disruption, being disrespectful of NAILPRO® ASIA Staff, or for all rule violations.
*These competition rules are in effect for NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-THAILAND 2023-2024. For questions about the rules, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. Upon registration, competitors give consent to WATC® and all its properties to freely use in any form or manner they seem fit for WATC®’s magazines, websites, and projects. In addition, to reproduce all photographs, videos or such taken at the show, including those taken by photographers, or others hired for the show by WATC®. Not limited to anyone working in conjunction with NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-THAILAND 2023-2024. All photos, images and videos or film shot are property of WATC® and may not be used without written permission. Your registration is considered as a signed release.
2. When you arrive to report, the competitor will be given a certificate of participation with wristbands and/or a round sticker with their number. The wristbands are for the model, and are color coded for each separate competition. Student and Novice competitors are given an additional white band, one for each competition they registered in. When putting the wristband on your model make sure it fits like a large bracelet. Do not choke the wrist of your model. PLEASE TURN THE NUMBERS SO THEY FACE AWAY FROM THE MODEL. Please place wristband on model’s right hand unless a one-handed competition – then it is on the hand being judged.
3. Themes: Are guideline rules. If the themes are not followed disqualification or point, deductions are possible. Decision will be that of the NAILPRO® ASIA staff and will be announced during awards ceremony. Please note when a color or shades of a color are given as a theme, it means no other color may be used unless otherwise noted.
4. Competitors must designate their level of experience (Novice or Veteran) when they register, except when competing in a NON-Divisional competition. It is the responsibility of the competitor to be sure they are registered in the correct division. If we are made aware you have designated yourself as a novice and you are a veteran, you will be disqualified and required to return trophy and any prizes given.
5. Competitors may not post any of their competition work to any social media platform whatsoever before the awards ceremony! Any competitor found violating this rule will possibly be given a warning or more likely disqualified from that competition in which they posted their work.
6. The award ceremony will be aired through social media live on the competition day.
• A Student competitors who attend beauty or nail-related academies are eligible and must provide a proof of qualification (student ID).
• A Novice Art competitor has not won first-place in any DIVISIONAL NAIL ART competition at a beauty show.
• A Novice Extension competitor has not won first-place in any DIVISIONAL EXTENSION competition at a beauty show.
• A Veteran Art competitor has won first-place in a DIVISIONAL NAIL ART competition at a beauty show.
• A Veteran Extension competitor has won first-place in a DIVISIONAL EXTENSION competition at a beauty show.
• A Non-Divisional competition consists of Veteran, Novice and student competitors. No first-place win will move anyone up a division.
ART NAIL COMPETITIONS: (UNIT: USD / Entry)
- FLAT HAND PAINTED NAIL ART: $50 Student | $80 Novice | $100 Veteran
- MIXED MEDIA NAIL ART: $50 Student | $80 Novice | $100 Veteran
EXTENSION COMPETITIONS: (UNIT: USD / Entry)
- SCULPTURED NAILS: $50 Student | $80 Novice | $100 Veteran
ARTISTIC EXTENSION COMPETITIONS: (UNIT: USD / Entry)
- FRENCH TWIST: $50 Student | $80 Novice | $100 Veteran
NON-DIVISIONAL COMPETITIONS: (UNIT: USD / Entry)
- SOAK-OFF GEL APPLICATION_THE BLACK: $80
- SALON NAIL ART: $100
- SALON PEDICURE NAIL ART: $100
- CHROME/STAMPING: $100
- IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BLING!: $100
7. Any novice competition with 4 or less competitors, the first-place winner is not required to move to veteran status. If you choose to you can but are not allowed to return to novice.
8. Novice competitors who win first-place in a Nail Art Competition award must advance to the veteran level of Nail Art for the next competition. You may continue to compete, as a novice in any extension competitions provided you have not won a first place in such a competition.
9. A team of competitors that wants to participate in the NAILPRO® ASIA Team Challenge must announce their team affiliation upon registering. The number of team members is unlimited. Top 5 team member scores earned will count toward the NAILPRO® Team Cup. (If a competitor joins a team, or changes teams between shows, the score earned by that competitor in prior competitions will remain with the original team.) Competitors who compete on a manufacturer’s team must compete using only manufacturer’s labeled products from that company. Files and metal implements are excluded.
10. NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-THAILAND 2023-2024 utilizes analytic scoring to judge the entries. Three judges preview the novice entries and veteran entries as two separate groups. Non-divisional competitions use the same preview and judging system.
11. The finalists at each level are viewed simultaneously during the scoring process. Finalists are evaluated in ten categories; each category is worth a possible ten points, ranging from 1 (Unacceptable) to 10 (Flawless) except where otherwise noted. Each of the three judges is responsible for three to four categories. The categories for each competition are listed in the rules specific to that competition. Only finalists receive score sheets.
12. The competition staff calculates the final scores, and the judges verify the placements before excusing the finalists. Any ties will be broken by the Head Judge. The decision of the judges is final.
13. All Competition Veteran, Novice and Student winners will receive a trophy/or medallion and certificates unless otherwise noted. And all the winners will receive gifts from the official sponsors.
14. All prize or trophy revisions are announced after awards.
NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA 2024
There must be a minimum of four competitors in each competition for the competition to proceed as planned. NAILPRO® ASIA 2024 reserves the right to cancel the competition if there are less than 4 competitors in a competition division. This means four each in veteran, and four each in novice or four non-divisional. If a Novice competition fails to be held, the novice entrants present will be allowed to compete in the veteran division for that competition only. If they win, they will not be moved up a level. In the event there are less than 4 Veteran competitors in the competition will reserve the right to compete in lower division and they will not be awarded. However, the score will be added for championship.
Individuals and teams with the highest cumulative scores from NAILPRO® ASIA-THAILAND 2023-2024, NAILPRO® Nailapalooza ASIA 2023-2024, NAILPRO® ASIA-KOREA 2024, and NAILPRO® ASIA-FINAL CUP 2024 will be honored as grand champion of 2024 cup.
New rules, competitions and/or new information are always up for discussion. Any and all ideas, comments, suggestions and or questions MUST be presented via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Property of NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA ©2023-2024 WATC®