General Competition Rules & Information
NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA is open to all beauty professionals licensed or qualified to perform nail services. Current students and beauty professionals from states or countries in which licensing is not required are also eligible to compete. Proof of licensure or qualification (such as school enrollment certificate or letter confirming salon employment) may be required, so please bring proof of your cosmetology, nail technician or manicurist license. Competitors need to be licensed in the state in which they reside. Age requirement is 16 years of age or older.
** ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO POINT DEDUCTIONS AND/OR DISQUALIFICATION!
1. All work for each entry must be completed by the competitor registered for that competition. If NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA finds this rule has been violated, the competitor will be prohibited from competing in NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA for the period of one year.
2. Competitors may turn in more than one entry. It is up to the competitor to get the entry to the competition and arrange for the entry to be returned to the competitor. NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA will only be responsible for any turn in entries during the competition. We will not be accepting entries after the competition begins and will not be responsible for returning entries to the competitor.
3. Any competitor found not complying with the NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA rules before, during or until the close of the show is subject to possible disqualification and/or point deduction. In the event disqualification occurs after awards and/or prizes, cash or otherwise, have been distributed, the disqualified contestant must return their trophy as well as all prizes to NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA staff. He or she will also be prohibited to participate in any NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA competition for one year.
4. Nail art entries may be turned in by someone other than the competitor. NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA cannot be responsible for artwork turned in by someone other than the competitor.
5. If a competitor has an issue with the results or decisions of judges it is mandatory that it be discussed in a respectful manner.
6. The NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA competition staff reserves the right to final interpretation of all rules.
7. Copyrighted Art – NO Copyrighted art is allowed at any time. Any and all designs bearing even a similar likeness will not be allowed. Penalties will be given at judges’ discretion and possible disqualification may be incurred.
*These competition rules are in effect for NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA. For questions about the rules, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. Upon registration, competitors give consent to WATC® and all its properties to freely use in any form or manner they seem fit for WATC®’s magazines, websites and projects. In addition, to reproduce all photographs, videos or such taken at the show, including those taken by photographers, or others hired for the show by WATC®. Not limited to anyone working in conjunction with NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA. All photos, images and videos or film shot are property of WATC® and may not be used without written permission. Your registration is considered as a signed release.
2. Themes: Are guideline rules. If the themes are not followed disqualification or point, deductions are possible. Decision will be that of the NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA staff and will be announced during awards ceremony. Please note when a color or shades of a color are given as a theme, it means no other color may be used unless otherwise noted.
3. Competitors must designate their level of experience (Novice or Veteran) when they register, except when competing in a NON-Divisional competition. It is the responsibility of the competitor to be sure they are registered in the correct division. If we are made aware you have designated yourself as a novice and you are a veteran, you will be disqualified and required to return trophy and any moneys given.
4. Competitors may not post any of their competition work to any social media platform whatsoever before the awards ceremony! Any competitor found violating this rule will possibly be given a warning or more likely disqualified from that competition in which they posted their work.
5. The award ceremony will be aired through social media live on the last day. NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA will notify individual winners and they will be able to redeem their trophy/medal, and award certificate via mail within 30 days of the ceremony. Individual winners should agreed to pay their shipping cost when they receive awards. For cash prizes, NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA will guide individual winners to receive them safely.
• A novice ART competitor has not won top 3 in any DIVISIONAL NAIL ART competition at a beauty show. .
• A veteran Art competitor has won top 3 in a DIVISIONAL NAIL ART competition at a beauty show.
• A NON-Divisional competition consists of Veteran, Novice and student competitors. No first place win will move anyone up a division.
• A student competitors who attend beauty or nail-related academies are eligible and must provide a proof of qualification (student ID).
ART NAIL COMPETITIONS: (UNIT: USD / Entry)
- FLAT HAND PAINTED NAIL ART(Gel Paint or Acrylic Paint): $50 Student | $100 Vet/ Novice
- MIXED MEDIA NAIL ART: $50 Student | $100 Vet/ Novice
- SALON NAIL ART: $100 Non-Divisional
- SALON PEDICURE NAIL ART: $100 Non-Divisional
- IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BLING!: $100 Non-Divisional
6. Any novice competition with 4 or less competitors, the first place winner is not required to move to veteran status. If you choose to you can but are not allowed to return to novice.
7. Novice competitors who win first-place in a Nail Art Competition award must advance to the veteran level of Nail Art for the next competition. You may continue to compete, as a novice in any extension competitions provided you have not won a first-place in such a competition.
8. A team of competitors that wants to participate in the NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA Cup Team Challenge must announce their team affiliation upon registering. The number of team members is unlimited. Top 5 team member scores earned will count toward the NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA Team Cup.
9. Competitors who compete on a manufacturer’s team must compete using only manufacturer’s labeled products from that company. Files and metal implements are excluded.
10. Prizes: All monies are listed unless otherwise noted.
11. All Competition Veteran, Novice and Student winners will receive a trophy/or medallion and cash awards as follows unless otherwise noted: Veteran 1st KRW150,000 | 2nd KRW100,000 | 3rd KRW80,000. BANDI Award (Art Grand Champion) KRW500,000. I’ZEMI Award (Art Champion on Student division) KRW300,000.
12. NON-DIVISIONAL competitions combine student, novice and veteran. Prizes awarded for these competitions will be the following: 1st KRW150,000 | 2nd KRW100,000 | 3rd KRW80,000.
13. New competitions may have different prize structure. Winners will receive medallions or trophies. Please see individual rules for detailed information. Entry fees vary depending on competition.
14. NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA utilizes analytic scoring to judge the entries. Three judges preview the novice entries and veteran entries as two separate groups. Through the process of elimination, the judges select no more than ten finalists at each level to be scored. All other entries are excused prior to scoring by the judges. Non divisional competitions use the same preview and judging system.
15. The finalists at each level are viewed simultaneously during the scoring process. Finalists are evaluated in ten categories; each category is worth a possible ten points, ranging from 1 (Unacceptable) to 10 (Flawless) except where otherwise noted. Each of the three judges is responsible for three to four categories. The categories for each competition are listed in the rules specific to that competition. Only finalists receive score sheets.
16. The competition staff calculates the final scores, and the judges verify the placements before excusing the finalists. Any ties will be broken by the Head Judge. The decision of the judges is final.
THE NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA 2020: Nail Art Galore Edition – INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM
There must be a minimum of four competitors in each competition for the competition to proceed as planned. NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA reserves the right to cancel the competition if there are less than 4 competitors in a competition division. This means four each in veteran, and four each in novice or four non-divisional. If a Novice competition fails to be held, the novice entrants present will be allowed to compete in the veteran division for that competition only. If they win they will not be moved up a level. In the event there are less than 4 Veteran competitors in the competition will reserve the right to compete in lower division and they will not be awarded. However, the score will be added for grand champion. In order to qualify for Art Grand Champion (Vet/Novice) or Art Champion (Student), a competitor should submit at least 3 or more (9) entries including Flat Hand Painted Nail Art and Mixed Media Nail Art.
INDIVIDUAL CUP (Vet/Novice)
BANDI Award (Art Grand Champion)
The Vet/Novice competitor with the highest cumulative score at the end NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA 2020 will be crowned NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA Art Grand Champion for that year.
NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA 2020 Art Grand Champion Award will receive:
- The NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA BANDI trophy
- A KRW 500,000 prize
- A one-page interview / article in NAILHOLIC
- A one year subscription to NAILHOLIC Magazine
- A cover and 7 page editorial photo shoot for NAILHOLIC Magazine
I'ZEMI Award (Art Champion)
The student competitor with the highest cumulative score at the end NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA 2020 will be crowned NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA Art Champion for that year.
NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA 2020 Art Grand Champion will receive:
- The NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA I'ZEMI trophy
- A KRW 300,000 prize
- A one-page interview / article in NAILHOLIC
- A one year subscription to NAILHOLIC Magazine
TEAM CUP (Brand / Academy)
Any amounts of team members are allowed. However ONLY the top 5 point earners (Veteran, Novice or Student combined) for each team will be added towards the team cup.
The team with the highest accumulated scores at the end of the NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA 2020 will win the NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA Team Art Champion Trophy for that year and receive:
- The NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA Team Art Championship trophy
- A one-page interview/article in NAILHOLIC Magazine
- A one-year subscription to NAILHOLIC magazine
17. Competitors can receive recognition and certificates of participation after the ceremony onsite or competitors can request the documents via mail. Competitors should be responsible for return postage.
18. All prize or trophy revisions are announced after awards.
New rules, competitions and/or new information are always up for discussion. Any and all ideas, comments, suggestions and or questions MUST be presented via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAILPRO® competitions are a showcase for the nail industry. The NAILPRO® competition staff expects all participants to conduct themselves in a professional, sportsmanlike manner. Anyone failing to do so will be asked to leave the competition or area at once.
Property of NAILPRO® Competitions ©2020 WATC®. All NAILPRO® Competition rules are copywritten and all rights reserved.