Mixed Media Nail Art
STUDENTS / NOVICE / VETERAN
1. Competitors must use all the following mediums for this competition. 3-D Nail Art, Acrylic Flat Hand Painted Nail Art, Gel Flat Hand Painted Nail Art and an alternate technique which must be noted and pointed out. Failure to use less result in a 10-point deduction for each medium not used.
2. Competitors may submit more than one entry, but must pay a registration fee for each entry. Only entries which make it into the top 10 count toward NAILPRO® Cup points. If submitting more than one entry, only the points from the highest scoring entry in the top ten count towards the NP Cup both individual and team.
3. All entries must consist of a set of 10 individual manufacturer tips. They must be from a manufacturer box. The length must be no longer than 2” in length and no wider than 3/4” if they were flattened out. Tips must be graduated in size. Finished tips must be wearable. Tips must remain individual and not be secured to one another. Design may encompass all 10 tips as a picture, but tips must remain individual. If tips do not meet the requirements, the design may be disqualified or receive a point deduction.
4. Mixed Media Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, color, presentation, balance, design & detail, tip & width length, overall impression, complexity, dimension, workmanship and theme.
5. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts in English: one detailing the products and processes used to create the art (do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers), and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Failure to provide this information will result in a 5 point deduction in overall score. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
6. The theme for each Mixed Media Nail Art competition will be announced before the beginning of the competition year.
- NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA 2020: Nail Art Galore Edition
- Four Seasons
- Wild World
- Any themes or choose one of above
7. Competitors may NOT use any copyrighted art, designs or logos.
8. Embellishments or adornments may be used but must NOT exceed 25% of the overall design.
9. Tip original color does NOT matter.
10. Top coat, UV gel sealant or glitter polish may be used.
11. NO molds may be used to assist with any design.
12. Competitors may use a similar version of copyrighted art, design or logo but they must not be identical to the original. If artwork does not follow criteria judges will determine point deductions.
13. Mail in entries - Display: Entries must be presented in a closed box for us to transport. Inside the box the ten tips must be SECURELY fastened to a plain (one color no texture no mirror), flat surface for the judging process. The size of the mounting surface is to be a maximum of 6 inches wide by 8 inches deep by ¼ tall and it must be FLAT, FLUSH AND STURDY. Do not attach your entry to the bottom of the box upon turn in. The judges MUST BE ABLE TO REMOVE YOUR WORK FROM THE BOX.
14. Mailed In Entries
① Your entry may be turned in ON-SITE by competitor or someone other than the competitor.
② You must include your name and email in the shipping box. (Please DO NOT include your name anywhere on your entry.)
③ Do not forget to include the information on the theme and the products you used in English. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME ON THIS INFORMATION!
④ You must include a self-addressed, postage pre-paid container with your entry if you want it returned to you. We will NOT send it back otherwise.
⑤ You must receive a tracking number when you send your entry.
⑥ You must email NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date the submission was sent.
⑦ You will receive a confirmation email when the submission is received.
⑧ It is the competitor’s responsibility to track the shipment if they do not receive a confirmation from us in a timely manner.
⑨ NAILPRO® Competitions, WATC®, NAILHOLIC are not responsible for lost and/or undelivered or damaged submissions turned in or returned to competitor.
⑩ You do not need to be present at the competition to enter this competition.
⑪ ALL MAILED IN ENTRIES MUSTS BE RECEIVED BY SEPTEMBER 4, 2020.
⑫ Please send Turn In Entries to :
Attn: NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA committee
F23, 121, Jeongjail-ro, Bundang-gu
Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do 13560
15. Entry will be exhibited and judged on site.
16. Any Mixed Media Nail Art design that has already won first place at any NAILPRO® competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO® competitions. The NAILPRO® competition staff will disqualify any design it considers similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO® competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.
Property of NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA ©2020. All NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA rules are copywritten and all rights reserved.