STUDENT / NOVICE / VETERAN
1. Competitors may submit more than one entry but must pay a registration fee for each entry. If submitting more than one entry only for on-site competitions, only the points from the highest scoring entry count towards the NP Individual Cup or team cup if you are one of the top 5 point earners.
2. All work, including model preparation, must be completed prior to the competition. No work station, seating or electrical outlet will be provided.
3. All nail work must be done and completed by the registered competitor this includes hair and makeup.
4. All nail art must be made from professional nail products including colored liquid-and-powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps and resin, polish, rhinestones, and etc.
5. Embellishments may be used but must NOT exceed 25% of the overall design.
6. All work for each entry must be completed by the competitor registered for that competition, except for a purchased costume. This must be disclosed at time of competition to the judges. If NAILPRO® finds this rule has been violated, the competitor will be prohibited from competing in any NAILPRO® or NAILPRO®-run competition for the period of one year.
7. The model must be in costume and prepared for judging at the scheduled report time. There will be NO briefing for this competition. Failure to not have your model in line at appointed time will result in disqualification.
8. Models will stand during the judging process and must be able to walk in costume without assistance.
9. The theme for each Fantasy Nail Art competition will be announced before the beginning of the competition year.
NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA 2020 – Queens Theme
10. Competitors may NOT use any copyrighted art, designs or logos. Penalties for using copyrighted logos will be given at judge's discretion.
11. Nails must be incorporated into the design.
12. The Nail Art MUST BE attached to the models nails directly. They may NOT be to a platform then the platform attached to the nails. They may NOT serve only as base. There will be a 10-point deduction if nails are not incorporated into design. Each individual nail must be attached to each individual nail bed of the model’s hand. All fingers must move freely. This must be clear to the judges. It must not be separate from the model’s nail or attached only to the fingers or hand in some way as to “appear” as though it is attached. Each piece of nail art can be interlaced with the other nail art but must be distinctly and separately attached nail. Size of art pieces will not be a consideration in judging.
13. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts in English. One detailing the products and processes used to create the art, and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Failure to provide this information will result in a 5-point deduction in overall score. Do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers, and DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
14. Fantasy Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, color, costume, design, visual interest, balance, overall impression, presentation, complexity, workmanship, details and theme.
15. Any Fantasy Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO® competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO® competitions. Any discussion with the NAILPRO® competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.