[On-site] French Twist
NOVICE / VETERAN
1. Competitors will have 1.5 hours (unless otherwise noted) to complete one set (unless otherwise noted) of competition-style nail enhancements that reflect an original and artistic interpretation of the traditional French Style Pink and White. Only flat paper or metal forms or tips may be used. Always check the daily schedule for exact parameters.
2. Competitors may use any combination of light pink, clear and white enhancement products (liquid-and-powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps and resin, etc.) staying within the traditional French Manicure range of colors. NO other colored enhancement products are allowed except the glitters listed - silver, gold, white opalescent and pale pink opalescent are allowed. NO purple, No Red, No Brown and so on.
3. No stamping, hand painting or chrome of any sort allowed.
4. Only embellishments listed in rule #2 are allowed.
5. The model’s natural nails may be prepared for product application before the competition starts, but product may NOT be applied until the competition starts.
6. No colored or clear products of any type may be applied to tips prior to attaching them to the natural nail.
7. Only unaltered clear adhesives (gel-type, brush-on, tubes, etc.) may be used to attach tips to the nail.
8. All enhancement products must be applied after tips and forms are applied to the natural nail. No plastic type molds of any kind may be used to form the sculptured nail.
9. The surface of the nail enhancements must be flush; NO raised surfaces.
10. All files and buffers must be clean and unused; electric files, buffers and buffing products may be used.
11. Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions, etc.) are allowed. Excessive use of oil is not permitted. It will be at the judge’s discretion to deduct for excess oil.
12. The nail enhancements must be finished to a high shine by buffing, applying top coat or using a gel sealant. Polish, gel polish, gel paint and glitter polish are NOT ALLOWED.
13. French Twist will be judged in the following categories: lateral structure, “C” curves, originality, cuticle area, surface structure, product control, complexity, design and balance, length, shape, finish work, and overall impression
14. Any French Twist design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO® competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO® competitions. The NAILPRO® competition staff will disqualify any design it considers too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO® competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.
Property of NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA ©2021. All NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA rules are copywritten and all rights reserved.