3-D Nail Art
STUDENT / NOVICE / VETERAN
1. A 3-D Nail Art entry must consist of a set of 10 individual manufacturer tips. They may not be constructed by a lay person. They must be from a manufacturer box. The length of the tips must be no longer than 2” in length and no wider than 3/4” of an inch, if they were flattened out. Tips must be graduated in size. Finished tips must be wearable meaning, they are individual and able to be mounted to a base.
2. The design itself may be NO more than 1" (inch) in height, and 1"(inch) in width and be NO longer than 2". If the entry exceeds these dimensions the entry may be disqualified. Imagine a box 1" High, 1" Wide and 2" long now put your nail in there. It should fit, if they don't your work needs to be adjusted so it fits.
3. Tips must remain individual and not be secured to one another by any medium. Design may encompass all 10 tips as a picture, but tips must remain individual. If tips do not meet the requirements, the design will receive a point deduction.
4. The theme for each 3-D Nail Art competition will be announced before the beginning of the competition year.
NAILPRO® Competitions NAILAPALOOZA ASIA 2020 – Dessert Time Theme
5. All nail art must be made from professional nail products (colored liquid-and-powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps and resin, polish, rhinestones, etc.)
6. Embellishments or adornments may be used but must NOT exceed 25% of the overall design.
7. Top coat, UV gel sealant or glitter polish may be used.
8. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts in English: one detailing the products and processes used to create the art (do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers), and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Failure to provide this information will result in a 5 point deduction in overall score. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
9. 3-D Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, color, presentation, balance, design and detail, dimension, overall impression, complexity, workmanship, tip length and theme.
10. Any 3-D Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO® competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO® competitions. The NAILPRO® competition staff reserves the right to disqualify any design it considers to be too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO® competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.
Property of NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA ©2020 WATC®. All rights reserved.