3-D Nail Art
STUDENT / NOVICE / VETERAN
1. Competitors may submit more than one entry but must pay a registration fee for each entry. If submitting more than one entry, only the points from the highest scoring entry count towards the NP Individual Cup or Team Cup if you are one of the top 5 point earners.
2. A 3-D Nail Art entry must consist of a set of 10 individual manufacturer tips. They may not be constructed by a lay person. They must be from a manufacturer box. The length of the tips must be no longer than 2” in length and no wider than 3/4” of an inch, if they were flattened out. Tips must be graduated in size. Finished tips must be wearable meaning, they are individual and able to be mounted to a base.
3. The design itself may be NO more than 1" (inch) in height, and 1"(inch) in width and be NO longer than 2". If the entry exceeds these dimensions the entry may be disqualified. Imagine a box 1" High, 1" Wide and 2" long now put your nail in there. It should fit, if they don't your work needs to be adjusted so it fits.
4. Tips must remain individual and not be secured to one another by any medium. Design may encompass all 10 tips as a picture, but tips must remain individual. If tips do not meet the requirements, the design will receive a point deduction.
5. The theme for each 3-D Nail Art competition will be announced before the beginning of the competition year.
NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA 2020 – Wild World Theme
6. All work must be completed prior to the competition. No workstation, seating or electrical outlet will be provided.
7. All nail art must be made from professional nail products (colored liquid-and-powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps and resin, polish, rhinestones, etc.)
8. Embellishments or adornments may be used but must NOT exceed 25% of the overall design.
9. Top coat, UV gel sealant or glitter polish may be used.
10. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts in English: one detailing the products and processes used to create the art (do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers), and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Failure to provide this information will result in a 5 point deduction in overall score. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
11. Mail in entries - Display: Entries must be presented in a closed box for us to transport. Inside the box the ten tips must be SECURELY fastened to a plain (one color no texture no mirror), flat surface for the judging process. The size of the mounting surface is to be a maximum of 6 inches wide by 8 inches deep by ¼ tall and it must be FLAT, FLUSH AND STURDY. Do not attach your entry to the bottom of the box upon turn in. The judges MUST BE ABLE TO REMOVE YOUR WORK FROM THE BOX.
12. Mailed In Entries
① Your entry may be turned in ON-SITE by competitor or someone other than the competitor.
② You must include your name and email in the shipping box. (Please DO NOT include your name anywhere on your entry.)
③ Do not forget to include the information on the theme and the products you used in English. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME ON THIS INFORMATION!
④ You must include a self-addressed, postage pre-paid container with your entry if you want it returned to you. We will NOT send it back otherwise.
⑤ You must receive a tracking number when you send your entry.
⑥ You must email NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date the submission was sent.
⑦ You will receive a confirmation email when the submission is received.
⑧ It is the competitor’s responsibility to track the shipment if they do not receive a confirmation from us in a timely manner.
⑨ NAILPRO® Competitions, WATC®, NAILHOLIC are not responsible for lost and/or undelivered or damaged submissions turned in or returned to competitor.
⑩ You do not need to be present at the competition to enter this competition. If you are not present for awards, you must plan for someone to pick up your artwork unless you have sent a prepaid self-addressed envelope with your entry! NAILPRO® Competition will not be responsible for any artwork left behind that does NOT have a prepaid self-addressed return container.
⑪ ALL MAILED IN ENTRIES MUSTS BE RECEIVED BY APRIL 17, 2020.
⑫ Please send Turn In Entries to :
Attn: NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA-KOREA committee
F23, 121, Jeongjailro, Bundang-gu
Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do 13560
13. Entry will be judged on presentation.
14. 3-D Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, color, presentation, balance, design, dimension, overall impression, complexity, workmanship, tip length and theme.
15. Any 3-D Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO® competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO® competitions. The NAILPRO® competition staff reserves the right to disqualify any design it considers to be too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO® competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.
Property of NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA ©2020. All NAILPRO® Competitions ASIA rules are copywritten and all rights reserved.